Friday 26 October 2012

Preliminary Task

The main purpose of doing the preliminary task was to test our skills for the first time; the idea of what the scene is going to consist of, thinking about particular codes and conventions that assist the scene, selecting the appropriate location, the range of camera shots used, playing a characters role, how well it is performed, editing techniques and so on.

I found this task very interesting as I learnt for the first time, the correct camera settings to be on during certain features of a scene, in order to assist in portraying different emotions. The use of a tripod to keep the camera straight and in focus during a variety of camera shots. I was able to try out the editing program for the first time, and begin to take in what does what; how to join camera shots together without the picture just suddenly jumping to the next.


Groups Preliminary task














I feel completing the preliminary task is going to help me significantly when making my own 2 minute thriller. I felt this way due to the amount I've learnt about the camera when filming, and the editing stages after. This enables my group to blend camera shots to help create our thriller itself. For myself taking on the role of camera operator, it gave me a better understanding of the range of shots you can use, for the scene to flow nicely. This task also helps myself and my team in learning how use different editing features; knowing what does what. Within this preliminary task I feel we could of thought of a better story line, maybe have spent more time planning; making it more dramatic and serious, although I did feel the shots we edited flowed and complimented each other, making it more enjoyable to watch.


1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in explaining what the purpose of the preliminary task was.

    To make this post more detailed, aim to include points on the following:

    Within this post you also need to include points on the following:

    1) what are your strengths?
    2) What are your weakness?

    ReplyDelete